SNOW GLOBE CUPCAKE RECIPE
YOU WILL NEED :
- Cupcakes ( Vanilla / Chocolate )
- Christmas cookies
- Unflavored powdered gelatin
- Toothpick, chopstick or wooden skewers
1. Prepare Christmas cookies by decorating vanilla sugar cookies or gingerbread cookies with royal icing.
2. Frost your cupcake with white buttercream.
3. Decorate the cupcake with sprinkles in any color and shape.
4. Select one of the cookies that you have already decorated and place it on top of the cupcake. Push it down into the frosting.
5. Make gelatin snow globe by using 4 tbsp water, 2 tbsp unflavored powdered gelatin and balloons.
6. In a small microwaveable bowl add all of the water, followed by the powdered gelatin. Mix them and let it sit for a few minutes until the gelatin blooms. Set aside.
7. Blow up the balloon to your desired size, tying a knot at the end.
8. When the gelatin blooms, microwave the gelatin mixture for 10 seconds until melted.
9. Spray each of the balloons with cooking spray. This will make it a lot easier to remove the balloon when it's fully dry.
10. Dip the balloon in a gelatin mixture thoroughly. Then tie the end knot of the balloon to a toothpick, chopstick or wooden skewer and place the toothpick/chopstick/skewer on a styrofoam box.
11. Once the gelatin has fully set, take a pair of scissors to snip the balloon near the knot and then remove it from the gelatin globe.
12. Place the gelatin globe over the cookie.