Rawpixel Website Terms and Conditions and Content Standards
Who needs to read this?
- These Website Terms and Conditions tell you the rules for using https://www.rawpixel.com (the "Website") and apply to all visitors to the Website (regardless of whether you have signed up to our Membership Terms and Conditions (in which case you are a "Member" and additional terms will apply to you).
- Your use of the Website means that you accept, and agree to abide by, all the terms in these Website Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Website Terms and Conditions, you must not use the Website.
If you are a Member, you must also comply with:
- the Membership Terms and Conditions; and
- the relevant Licence;
- If you are a Member, you must also comply with the additional terms set out from clause 21 below.
Who are we?
The Website is operated by us. We are Rawpixel Ltd a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 09391487 and our registered office is at Hanover Green Studios, Hanover, Redmarley, Gloucestershire, GL19 3JZ. Our registered VAT number is GB211639923.
Are there restrictions on how I can use the Website
You must not use the Website:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
- in any way that is unlawful, malicious or fraudulent, or has any unlawful, malicious or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors or vulnerable people in any way;
- to transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of the Website, any Rawpixel content;
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation and/or security of Rawpixel or any computer software or hardware;
- to infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party;
- to systematically copy content from the Website with a view to creating or compiling any form of comprehensive collection, compilation, directory, or database unless given our express permission to do so; or
- to knowingly introduce viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
You also agree not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of the Website;
- any equipment or network on which the Website is stored;
- any software used in the provision of the Website;
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
Can I use content on the Website and Rawpixel images?
- You will need to be a Member to use the images on our Website. You can find details of the different subscriber plans here.
- Images must only be taken from the Website via the download feature – you must not copy, save, reproduce, distribute or otherwise use any images from the site other than those you have downloaded with the download feature as a Member. Some images on the site are for display purposes only and are not available for users to download.
- You must not remove any watermarks or copyright notices contained in any images.
- You can read our design tutorials and blogs without being a Member.
- Regardless of whether you are a Member or not, you must not use any other content on the Website (for example any content contained in our blogs) without obtaining permission to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy, re-use or download any part of the Website or any images in breach of these Website Terms and Conditions, your right to use the Website will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
Can I use the Rawpixel name and logo?
- 'Rawpixel' and our logo are our trademarks. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.
What is the status of content on the Website?
- The Website and all available content (including our design tutorials and blogs) is provided for general information purposes only. It does not offer advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking or refraining from, any action on the basis of information obtained from the Website. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information provided to you, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that such information is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
What are my Intellectual Property Rights?
- All intellectual property rights in the Website and all content throughout the world (including all user-facing material such as text and images, and all underlying content such as code, software and databases) belong to us or our licensors.
- If you are a visitor to the Website only, you have no intellectual property rights in the Website. The right to use the Website is granted (not sold) to you in accordance with the terms of these Website Terms and Conditions.
- If you are a Member, the right to use the images (and any restrictions regarding such use) are set out in the relevant Licence and is subject to the Membership Terms and Conditions.
Can I link to the Website?
You may link to the Website provided that:
- you do so in a fair and legal manner;
- you do not do so in a manner that suggests any form of association, endorsement or approval on our part where none exists;
- you do not use any logos or trade marks displayed on the Website without our express written permission;
- you do not do so in a way that is calculated to damage our reputation or to take unfair advantage of it; and
- the website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the Content Standards in clause 20 below.
- Framing or embedding of the Website on other websites is not permitted without our express written permission. Please contact us at email@example.com for further information.
What is the status of other websites linked to the Website?
- We neither assume nor accept responsibility or liability for the content of third party sites. The inclusion of a link to another site on the Website is for information only and does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
Will these Website Terms and Conditions change?
- We may update and/or change the Website from time to time; for example, to reflect changes to our offering, improve performance, enhance functionality, address security issues, our users' needs and/or our business priorities.
Will the Website always be available?
- We do not guarantee that the Website or any content available on it, will always be available or access uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of the Website at any time, without notice, for business and operational reasons.
Is rawpixel liable if I suffer loss or damage as a result of using the Website?
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of images to you if you are a Member, which will be set out in our Membership Terms and Conditions.
- We are not liable for business losses. For users of the Website which have access to limited content on the Website outside of a personal/corporate account with us we only provide the Website for domestic and private use. Unless agreed with us in advance in writing, you agree not to use the Website for any commercial or business purposes. If you use the Website for any commercial or business purpose we will have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
Is the Website secure?
- We use reasonable firewall, virus and content filtering software, but we cannot guarantee 100% security or that the Website will be free from bugs, viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. We shall not have any responsibility for damage to, unauthorised access to, or viruses or other code that may affect the service or content provided to you by us on any computer equipment, software, data or other property as a result of your access to the Website. We shall also not be responsible for the actions of third parties in breaching our security measures.
What happens if I do something wrong?
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Website if you breach the provisions of these Website Terms and Conditions. Specifically, We may take one or more of the following actions:
- suspend, whether temporarily or permanently, your right to access the Website;
- if you are a Member, suspend, whether temporarily or permanently your account and cancel all contracts with us;
- issue you with a written warning;
- take legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any and all relevant costs on an indemnity basis resulting from your breach;
- take further legal action against you as appropriate;
- disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as required or as We deem reasonably necessary; and/or
- any other actions which We deem reasonably appropriate (and lawful).
What happens with my personal data?
- Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy
- Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy
How do I contact Rawpixel?
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Will Rawpixel contact me?
- If we have your contact details, we may from time to time send you important notices by email. Such notices may relate to matters including, but not limited to, Website changes and changes to these Website Terms and Conditions.
- If you have opted in, we will also email you with our newsletter and marketing communications. Please see our Privacy and Cookies Policy for further information.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- These Website Terms and Conditions, its subject matter and formation and the relationship between you and us shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English and Welsh law. You can bring legal proceedings in respect of them in the courts of England and Wales. If you habitually live outside of England and Wales you may be entitled to bring legal proceedings in your home country (including without limitation if you live in European Union).
- You must comply with our Content Standards if you make a Contribution to our Website.
A 'Contribution' is if you do any of the following:
- upload content to the Website (including user profile images or other account images);
- link to the Website;
- share the details of our Website as part of the Referral Scheme;
- make use of our images as part of your membership package; or
- interact with the Website in any other way.
- The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
- We will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches these Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be your own work; and
- comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote sexually explicit material;
- promote violence;
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
- be likely to deceive any person;
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- promote any illegal activity;
- be in contempt of court;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Rawpixel Ltd, if this is not the case; or
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
If you are a Member the following terms and conditions apply in addition to those set out above.
You must keep your account details safe