- We are Rawpixel Ltd ('we/us/our') and this policy sets out how we collect, use and share your personal data.
What personal data are we collecting and how do we collect this?
- Personal data is information that identifies you as an individual and relates to you. You will give us personal data by accessing and using http://www.rawpixel.com/ ('Our Site'), and to make use of the services we provide.
The following data is collected automatically when you visit Our Site:
- your IP address, your web browser type and version, your operating system; and
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to; and
We will collect the following if you have an account with us and have signed up to our Membership Terms and Conditions (in which case you are a Member), to enable you to use our services:
- your name and your user name;
- your email address;
- your address;
- your payment card details;
- any personal data you upload to Our Site;
- your preferences, such as images ‘liked’ or added to a collection;
- your purchase/download history; and
- If you take part in our referral scheme - the number of referrals.
What do we do with your personal data?
- If you are a Member, we will use your personal data to provide the services to you and to contact you to provide customer support in relation to the services.
- We use your personal data for market research and to track referrals to Our Site
- If you have opted in, we will also use your personal data to send you our newsletter and other marketing communications.
Do we send your personal data overseas?
We send your personal data to other countries where:
- we store information on computer servers based overseas. Any personal data that you submit to us will be held on secure servers, which may be based in the EU, the USA and at the offices of Photomorphic Services Ltd in Thailand;
- staff operating overseas who work for us or for one of our suppliers, fulfil your order, process your payment details and provide support and marketing services.
The European Commission has produced a list of countries which have adequate data protection rules. The list can be found here.
Currently Thailand is not one of the countries subject to an adequacy decision. We only share your data with Photomorphic Services Ltd in Thailand in order for them to support the administration of Our Site. Photomorphic Services is a company under our control and ownership. We ensure that all staff are trained in Data Protection and that all data is handled to the same levels that are required in the UK/EU.
- If the country that we are sending your personal data to is not on the list or, is not a country within the EEA (which means the European Union, Liechtenstein, Norway and Iceland) then it might not have the same level of protection for personal data as there is in the UK/EU.
- As we are transferring data outside the EEA, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with data protection law. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
Data security is of great importance to us. To protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through Our Site. The main location where we store your data is on the AWS RDS service (which has it’s own dedicated security team to work on securing the network and applications), which is accessed by the rawpixel servers through a password, and can be accessed only by the rawpixel servers (private network / Firewall / VPC).
We do not see or store any of your credit card data. This is sent directly to our credit card processing vendor, Stripe Payments Europe Ltd. Stripe uses security measures to protect your information both during the transaction and after it is complete. Stripe has been audited by a PCI-certified auditor and is certified to PCI Service Provider Level 1. This is the most stringent level of certification available in the payments industry. To accomplish this, they make use of best-in-class security tools and practices to maintain a high level of security at Stripe.
Your Membership account requires a username and password to log in. You must keep your username and password secure, and never disclose it to a third party. We automatically encrypt your password, which means we cannot see your passwords. We cannot resend forgotten passwords either. We will only reset them.
If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you may contact us at email@example.com.
- Notwithstanding the security measures that we take, it is important to remember that the transmission of data via the internet may not be completely secure and that you are advised to take suitable precautions when transmitting to us data via the internet.
Do we share your data?
- We may share your data with other companies in our group for the purpose of providing the service to you. This includes our subsidiaries.
- We may sometimes contract with third parties to supply services to you on our behalf. For example, Taxamo Checkout Co and Stripe collect and process payments you make for the services on our behalf. If you opt in to our marketing communications you are included in our marketng database that is held with MailChimp and is soley for our use, the database is not shared with any other 3rd party.
What happens if our business changes hands?
- We may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of our business. Data provided by users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, be permitted to use the data for the purposes for which it was originally collected by us.
- In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
- You may access Our Site without providing any data at all (although some data may be collected automatically - see 2.2 above) . However, to use all features and functions available on Our Site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- If the personal data we hold about you is incorrect you can ask us to correct it. You can edit all personal data that we hold about you by logging into your Account and updating your personal settings.
- You have the right to ask us to delete the information that we hold about you in certain circumstances. For example, where we no longer need the information. You can do this by contacting us at contact @rawpixel.com.
- You have a right to ask us to restrict how we use your personal data. For example, if you tell us that the personal data is inaccurate we can only use it for limited purposes while we check its accuracy.
- You can also ask us to send you, or another organisation, personal data that you have provided to us in a format that can be read by computer.
You also have a right to know what personal data we are holding about you.
- If you would like to know what personal data we are holding about you, please submit a request at contact @rawpixel.com. We may require you to verify your identity before we provide you with the requested information.
- We will also give you extra information, such as why we use this information about you, where it came from and what types of people we have sent it to.
How long will we keep your personal data for?
- We will keep your personal data for only as long as we need to in accordance with our legal and regulatory requirements. In practice this means that we keep your personal data for at least the length of your Membership. If you download Images from our site we will keep sufficient data to be able to record the details of images you have downloaded and to be able to contact you should we need to for the duration of our image license, which is indefinitely.
Our legal grounds for using your personal data
- Necessary for a contract
- If you are a Member, we have an agreement with you to provide services. We are allowed to use personal data about you where this is necessary to perform our obligations under this contract.
- Legitimate interests:
- This means that the processing is necessary for legitimate interests except where the processing is unfair to you. We have a legitimate interest in: the operation and promotion of our business and Our Site; finding out ways that users make use of Our Site and considering how we can improve this and the services we provide; and ensuring that our legal obligations are complied with.
Things we will not do with your personal data
- We will not subject your personal data to automated decisions.
- We recommend that you check this page regularly to keep up-to-date.
What cookies do we use and what for?
- Strictly necessary cookies:
- In order for you to subscribe and log into your account on Our Site cookies are required. UK and EU Cookie Law deems these cookies to be “strictly necessary”. You may block these cookies by changing your internet browser’s settings as detailed in the 'How do I block cookies?' section, but please be aware that you will not be able to log into your account and/or download images if you do so.
- Analytical/performance cookies:
- Our Site uses analytics services provided by Google Analytics and other similar services. Website analytics refers to a set of tools used to collect and analyse usage statistics, enabling us to better understand how people use Our Site. This, in turn, enables us to improve Our Site and the products and services offered through it. You do not have to allow us to use these cookies, as detailed in the 'How do I block cookies? section, however our use of them enables us to continually improve Our Site, making it a better and more useful experience for you.
- The analytics service(s) used by Our Site use(s) cookies to gather the required information. Certain of these cookies may be placed immediately when you first visit Our Site. You may remove these cookies and prevent future use of them by following the steps set out below in the 'How do I block cookies?' section.
- Functionality cookies:
- These are used to recognise you when you return to Our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
How do I block cookies
- You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. Most internet browsers also enable you to choose whether you wish to disable all cookies or only third party cookies. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser or the documentation that came with your device.
- You can choose to delete cookies at any time however you may lose any information that enables you to access Our Site more quickly and efficiently.
- It is recommended that you keep your internet browser and operating system up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser and manufacturer of your computer or device if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.